Thursday, June 18, 2009

Game 3: Running Into a Buzzsaw

The exploits of my C-league recreational basketball team, continued ...

Game 3: June 17 vs. American Century

It's actually a little difficult for me to say that we ran into a buzzsaw in Game 3 of our summer basketball league. I mean it's not like our opponents were physically imposing or overwhelmingly athletic. Then again, when you begin a game on the ass end of a 21-0 run, it's pretty safe to say that you're getting your nuts chopped off.

So there's not much else that needs to be said. We got routinely beaten up and down the floor, we turned the ball over a lot, and we didn't make many shots. I believe the halftime score was 42-17, which isn't really too bad considering we were down by 21 before we'd even gotten on the scoreboard.

The second half was almost an identical whoopin'. No real details are necessary. I got fouled going to the basket in the final few seconds and, thanks to the running clock, I got to shoot my two free throws after the buzzer sounded and with no one else on the line. There may never have been two more meaningless points in the history of basketball.

Final score: 83-33, I swear to fucking god.
SJI contribution (my postgame recollection of it): 11 points -- three 3s and 2-2 from the line. I could have scored 50 and it wouldn't have been enough on this freaking night.
Record: 0-3

Next game: June 24 vs. Fast Break

No comments:

Post a Comment