Friday, July 3, 2009

Where the Fuck Is Wimbledon?

Today's Wimbledon semifinal is the biggest match in Andy Murray's career, as one of Great Britain's own finds himself one step away from playing for the title. It's certainly one of the biggest matches of Andy Roddick's career too, as he's trying to prove he's still one of the game's elite.

So where the fuck is it?

With Roddick up 5-2 in the third, the match is nowhere to be found. ESPN's morning coverage just ended with a replay of the end of last year's Federer-Nadal final, no doubt the best match I've ever seen. But why in the fucking world is that being aired while live tennis -- a much-hyped semifinal at that-- is going uncovered? NBC's shitty coverage doesn't start for another hour, at which point it will surely be tape-delayed. By then, the match might actually be over.

This is bull shit. On an otherwise pleasant and rainy day off from work, I'm stuck following the match online while I air my grievances here. I understand that tennis is not a high priority for many people, but this is a huge match in the most prestigious event of the year.

I can't be the only one who's pissed off about this. I'm just enough of an asshole to share my feelings with the broadcast networks. Perhaps I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment